The task was to design an Apple Watch application for Boomerang for iOS that presents the unique features that Boomerang offers to their users in a more accessible, on-the-go manner. I managed teammates to meet the deadline, designed the Boomerang for Apple Watch app, supported the engineer in building the application.
Everyone checks their emails throughout the day. For some, they designate specific time windows to view emails on their computers. However, most people now check their emails on-the-go via smartphones. With the rise of wearable technology, the ability to be connected to the internet is becoming even easier.
1) Taking my phone out takes too much effort
2) Existing email apps do not have Boomerang’s features
When I am on-the-go, I want to be able to quickly take appropriate actions on important emails.
Emails Received Per Day: 100+
Most Used Devices: iPhone, Apple Watch
Boomerang User? Uses Boomerang for Gmail & iOS
Josh, as a consultant, is always on the move for his meetings with his clients. He recently got an Apple Watch and receives most of his notification through Apple Watch.
Questions that Josh will ask:
- How can I easily reply to important emails?
- How can I be reminded to reply to important emails later?
Obstacles he faces:
- If he gets an important email, he can’t respond easily on his Apple Watch.
- If he opens the email, the email is marked as read and he sometimes forgets to respond.
- He can’t use the features that Boomerang offers on his Apple Watch.
Goals and Motivations:
- Be reminded to go back to important emails
- Take appropriate quick actions to incoming email notifications
- Easily enable Inbox Pause
From this user persona, we decided that Boomerang, Notification, and Note-To-Self were the most important features of Boomerang for Apple Watch.
During the internship, I was able to participate in various activities, such as creating demo videos, working with customer support to analyze feedback, and designing and conducting usability testings. If you are interested in learning more about other projects that I completed during my internship, please feel free to reach out!